Amber &Tayli

This story started as a love story and is ending in a completely different love story. We have lost one member of our family, but Tayli and I are still our own family. We will continue our Journey as mother and daughter, and best friends....

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The perfect end to a new begining

This new years eve we celebrated with some friends and some neighbors at our house. We had just got our Wii Nintendo game system and so we were ready to try it out!!! We all had a blast bowling, and ski jumping, and hula hooping on the Wii while the kids all played. It was great having kids over to play with Tayli, sometimes it breaks my heart that she is the only baby and then other times I think its the greatest thing that she is the only one! But it was good for her to have her friends there and play with her. All the parents just played games like the Wii and we had a bowling tournament and then a ski jumping tournament. We also played the M&M game which was so much fun! I love to play games so it was a great night for me to get to play with lots of people! Since everyone that was there had kids, our new years party ended about 11 p.m. But thats okay, Tayli was very tired and so were we! It isn't a tradition of Ryan and I's but we always seem to end up doing the same thing every new years. We end up in bed watching the "Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve" Party with our martini glasses and sparkling cider! And we always seem to say our new years wishes and goals and then countdown to the ball dropping, to top off the night with a kiss. And then as soon as midnight comes, we go to bed:). Not the most exciting night, but it still has been funny to watch how every new year we end up doing the same thing without planning it that way! Who knows, maybe it will continue and will actually become our tradition!!
The next day we had plans with our friends, the Rosales' to go sledding and on a sleigh ride at hardware ranch up Logan Canyon. The first thing we did was the sleigh ride to see all of the elk up there. Ryan loved it cause he likes to see all the elk there and just watch them. Tayli liked the snow on the sleigh and kept trying to push it off, she wanted to go run around with the elk, more than just look at them. I wasn't too impressed with the ride, it was about five minutes and the horses just pull you in a circle and you watch the elk eat. Not too exciting, but still something fun to do. After that, we headed back to Logan to try and find somewhere to go sledding. We couldn't find anywhere for a while so we decided to pull the sleigh behind the truck. BAD IDEA! I did not enjoy it at all! As soon as the truck started, I was done and screaming to make it stop!! But Carlos thought it looked fun, so I hoped in the back and watched to make sure he wouldn't get hurt! After that we went to a park and it was packed! Everybody had the same idea I guess, but it was still fun. We spent the day going up and down the hill and Tayli Loved it! She was cold, but had a fun time! It seemed like the weekend wouldn't end cause after all of this....We also went BOWLING! It was so much fun and a great way to end the year and begin a new one! Having a baby on new years definatly changes what you to do celebrate but I feel like it makes it so much better! I can't wait to see what this new year brings for her and all that she will learn and do and see! So... CHEERS!!!!.....To the new year!! Here's to 2011! Can't wait to see what it brings!!









No comments:

Post a Comment