Amber &Tayli

This story started as a love story and is ending in a completely different love story. We have lost one member of our family, but Tayli and I are still our own family. We will continue our Journey as mother and daughter, and best friends....

Sunday, August 7, 2011

New Look, New Feel!

Makeover time! It's been a couple months doing a little here and a little there, but my room is getting a little closer to how I would want it. It started out with Hawaiian brown and green room decor and Ryan's grandpas shiny black dresser and two end tables that had belt buckle knobs, So I first painted the dresser and end tables a matt black and switched up the handles as well as sanded all the edges to give it a country feel. And the wreath above the t.v was red, and the bedspread was read and white with a berry garland wrapped around the top of the bed frame. {There are pictures of what it looked like before in earlier post.} The bed frame was black iron with brown wood post. So I painted the wreath, repainted the dresser and end tables a solid black, painted the post white, switched all the lamps and photo frames to black and white, and in the future I am wanting to switch the color red out and add a nice soft yellow with flowers, curtains and other accessories. It has been a lot of fun to take furniture and bedding that we had when we got married, and switch them up to a more modern feel. It is a great and easy cheap way to vamp up our old furniture until in the future when we can afford a new bed set. But it will be nice to have quality furniture that we can still use in guest bedrooms, or even Tayli's room one day!










Also, the last makeover is of myself! I have lost four pounds, and switched up my hair!! I am loving it, and it is so fun to switch stuff up in the house, and on myself!! Can't wait for future makeovers!!





3 comments: