Amber &Tayli

This story started as a love story and is ending in a completely different love story. We have lost one member of our family, but Tayli and I are still our own family. We will continue our Journey as mother and daughter, and best friends....

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vegas Baby!!
















Okay....so this past weekend was a super fun trip with some awesome people and great friends. Ryan had a football game down in St. George so us and two other guys on the team and their wives all headed to VEGAS together before the game!! We had so much fun and walked for miles!! I would say "bout five mile from here to that hotel!" I know that doesn't make sense, so let me explain, our shuttle driver who was taking us back to the hotel at the end of the night was a crazy driver! First when we got into the shuttle, he started taking out curbs and dirt roads, Emily and I thought the bus was gonna tip over!! Then the whole way from the strip to the hotel he kept sayin," See that hotel right there? The Mirage? or the Belagio? It look real close. Real close like you coul walk there from your hotel. Well that hotel five mile from here. It five mile!" Oh my it was a fun night!!! We had dinner at the MGM grand buffet and it was AMAZING!!! I think between Radley, Emily, and Ryan they had to have ate about ten whole crabs!!!! Dinner was great and Krystal had lots of fun shopping!!! We walked all up and down the strip in and out of casinos, but we only gambled a little. It was super busy at all the hotels. Even at the ghetto Flamingo!! So then we headed back to the hotel for the night and got rested for the next day and the big game! Saturday we went shopping, of course ry and I had a little argument which ruined vegas day, but still, a bad day in Vegas is better than a good day in logan!! We went into Channel, Fred Leighton, and Tiffany and Co! I had never been in those stores so it was super fun just to pretend that we could afford those things!! Then we headed to Mesquite to check into our "Hole in the Wall" of a hotel!! It was so scary like it belonged in a horror film!! Later was the game which unfortunetly the lost, but at least they had fun and Rad and Carlos got their first football game experience and Ryan just had fun getting back into the game. We went back to Mesquite and gambled and had lots of fun! It was so much fun and I am so greatful to have wonderful, hillarious, and great friends back in myl ife!! It has been a long time and I am so happy with where I am in life.
We arrived home that sunday and the following monday i started my first day of work at the Kutting Edge Salon and Spa! It was the best day in history of first days at work! So I started the day off and was asked to answer phones while the manager was doing an interview. while i was at the desk, a man walks in and asks for a haircut, after having a little panic attack(secret panic attack:) it ended up being me who was going to cut his hair. So I cut his hair we talked for a while and he left. This was at ten in the morning. Later that day around five, he comes back into the salon and asks to speak to a manager. Usually this is not a good sign!! Especially if they come in and dont call, also it was a guy not a girl. I only say that cause guys for the most part dont care about their hair, so this was a big deal that he came back in. Anyway I was cutting another guys hair and the manager came over and said, "Amber when you are done can you come and talk to me when you are done?" Oh boy!! Right?! So I go talk to her and she this is the news I get,"Amber that client just came back and said that he was a first time client to the salon, and it was the BEST customer service he has ever recieved, the BEST haircut he has EVER had, and he is going to be a return client for good!!!! AMAZING I KNOW!!!!!! So all in all it was a GREAT first impression!!!!




4 comments:

  1. That is such an awesome feeling when someone gives you such a huge compliment like that. Way to go Amber!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegas is so much fun! Way to go on the customer service...you've always been a good people person since I've known you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love Vegas but have not been in forever.

    ReplyDelete