Amber &Tayli

This story started as a love story and is ending in a completely different love story. We have lost one member of our family, but Tayli and I are still our own family. We will continue our Journey as mother and daughter, and best friends....

Monday, July 25, 2011

Another Dam Tour

Too many Dam tours this year!!

Ha Ha! Well we are at it again! While at flaming gorge Ryan's family wanted to go on the Dam tour which we all thought would be fun! I had never actually been inside one so I was excited to check it out. We were all a little exhausted from the heat cause we had to wait an hour for the tour out in the boat in the sun, and then take an hour tour in the sun. But once we got going, it was great. We got to take a look at the cranes that they use to move the dam {I think that is what the dam guide said} and then we went down an extremely scary elevator to get to the generators. And I was so scared of the elevator, I actually cried going down. I think I was a little upset still with a comment that had been made by a person in another group going on the tour.{{Ryan and I purchased a somewhat con traversal item for Tayli to wear when we are out and about in big groups, or kind of dangerous situations. We bought Tayli a harness/backpack/leash. There is a picture to show what it looks like. We put it on her when we feel that she wants to be independent and walk by herself without holding our hands. And we put it on her in the tour cause we didn't want her to wander off or run into the road, or get lost , or fall down the canyon, or in the water. The list goes on and on. Tayli is a go'er' and sometimes when she gets loose she takes off running which was the purpose of the purchase. Anyway, I get really offended when people voice their opinions about Tayli and her backpack and I have to hear it. I am getting to the point where I am voicing back MY opinion to them! And it is never nice. I don't have to explain this to everyone, because I owe it to no one. But I will say that I will not be that sad mother on the news crying about how my daughter ran off and ran into the road or got loose and drowned in the lake. That will not be me! I know my child, and I know her habits. I'm not stupid to think that it couldn't happen to me! And over my dead body will I let anything harm her if I can help it! I will not let some pervert take my child and make her a victim, and I will not loose her to a lake or a car. I make no apologies, I love Tayli and I want her to be safe, and for her to be safe, this is helping. So if you disagree with the child harness/leash, I could care less. But do not mock us when we walk by, or I will have something to say to you.}}

Once we got down to the bottom of the elevator we got to feed some fish, I think everyone except Ryan lost interest at that point and just wanted to go back to the boat and the cool lake. But it was defiantly something I can check off my list! {As well as telling some person what I thought about them as the passed by}















No comments:

Post a Comment