I gave it try! I tried my first recipe with the vegetable purees! My first recipe was tomato soup with meatballs. Yes, I made the soup mix, made the purees, made the meatballs. {that ended up falling apart} But I made it! I don't feel like it turned out great, but at least it was edible and it was better to have it have less taste, than be overloaded by the WHOLE onion that I put in. I guess there is a big difference between a big onion and a small onion!!! It was not as bold colored as the photo, and I substituted ground turkey for ground beef, so I wonder if that is why the meatballs fell apart. So lesson learned, use correct size of onion, use correct meat for meatballs, and stress less!!! In the end though, I enjoyed doing things myself for a change! It was fun putting all the ingredients in myself instead of having a mix where I just add the meat! I am excited to keep trying more recipes and the best part is Ryan and Tayli loved it! Well, Ryan was at least nice enough to not say if he didn't!! Here are some pictures of my first cooking adventure!! If you have any suggestions, please let me know!!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It does look very good! I think you did a great job. Cooking is a process & it takes time to learn & to figure out how to use things & what ingredients are best. Stick to it & you will get the hang of it :D
ReplyDeleteAmber that LOOKS DELISH!!!! Your amazing woman!
ReplyDelete