EXTREME DECEIT for the INSTA GIVEAWAY!
Well that about sums up my day. Let me explain...
- EXTREME: There is a new show on TLC called Extreme Couponing. I have been studying and trying to learn how these people will get up to $1800 dollars worth of groceries and only pay $40 dollars at most!! I am not quite up to that status but I decided to give it a try. In the past year I have learned how valuable coupons really are. For about the past year I have saved an average of $15.00 dollars per grocery trip. So now after saving more coupons, looking for the best deal, and going to the right store...My savings today was $44.00!! I know that is no $100 dollar savings, but I sure am impressed, and I hope I can only get better!! So if anyone has any helpful hints please fill me in! Our goal for this year is to eat out less, eat in more, and save money on groceries so we can afford more vacations!!
- DECEIT: This goes along with the grocery trip. And the mentioned goal of saving more money on groceries, I also want what we eat to be a little healthier, and I really want to improve my cooking skills or lack of! I often say that Ryan thinks it is a good night if he comes home and has Hamburger Helper for dinner!! {I know its bad!!} So my sister lent me her cookbook called Deceptivly Delicious where you make fruit and vegetable purees and mix them in with very simply four step recipes! That way you get food like hamburgers, chicken nuggets, pancakes, brownies all with beets, cauliflower, sweet potato's etc.! So to get started I needed a blender and got one basically for free because of my $44.00 savings from before!! A FREE blender!!! After I had my fruits and vegetables, and new blender, I was ready to start!!! I took one look at the recipe and gave up!! I guess I should have prepared better cause I was hungry and needed food asap! And the recipe called for sweet potato puree which takes forty five minutes!! So we got Chick fill A instead! But I didn't give up, after I was refueled I made Sweet Potato Puree, Banana Puree, Cauliflower Puree, Beet Puree, and Carrot Puree! All in the freezer ready for use!! I cant wait to try these out and see how they taste! {And if they will deceive Ryan and Tayli!!}
- INSTA: Well before we headed to the grocery store I stopped at Kitchen Kneads to look at a blender. {which turned out to be way overpriced} While we were there I found some spray oil that smelled like Christmas! I compare the Consitensy and the product as the perfume that you spray on pine cones at Christmas to make them smell more like cinnamon. I love Christmas and the smell it has so I was having lots of smelling the scents and Tayli had a fun time smelling them too! She stared getting really upset and grabbing at her face which she usually does when she is hungry so I gave her some treats and milk and put her in the car. After we left the overpriced blenders behind, we had to drive out to Hyde Park City for the Giveaway. {To be later explained} I was watching her in the rear view mirror and Tayli's cheeks were fire red and splotchy. After a while of driving down main street I kept checking my mirror to see if her face was still swollen. But it just got worse and the redness was about to reach her eye and all of a sudden her lips went white! I hurried and pulled over to check and she was still breathing, not struggling with breathing, no crying nothing she was fine but I was scared. I called her doctor and was informed to go to Instacare or the Emergency room. I am glad that I logically thought it through and realized that since she was breathing normally I would take her to Instacare. After waiting for twenty minutes or longer for the doctor, her face had significantly gone down in swelling, and and her coloring was normal and the doctor finally arrived. We determined that she had broken out in hives and had a small allergic reaction to possibly the scents from Kitchen Kneads. I think she got some on her hands, and rubbed them on her face. Thankfully it was nothing more serious than that!!
- GIVEAWAY!: One of my favorite stores in Cache Valley is Sugar and Spice. It is an adorable, overly priced, home decor store. It is so fun to go and get one item here and there. This week they are giving away a $1500 dollar giveaway and I am very much hoping I win it! I am going to both locations and trying to convince Ryan to go and enter for me too!! Wish me Luck! I am currently switching up the colors in my living room, kitchen, and bedroom so winning would be amazing!!!
Here are some pictures of my purees!!!

I made Dave watch Extreme Couponing with me, he couldn't believe it! (nor could I). It's insane how much those ladies save. If you learn how to do it I will pay you to shop for me!
ReplyDelete